About Me

My photo
Wife and mother who has occasional fits of creativity!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

On My Way to an Orderly Life



Well, I am not quite there yet! I have, however, procured two tall, extra-heavy, extra-deep, what looks to me like government issue file cabinets from craigslist for $15.00 apiece. I hauled them home and borrowed the neighbor-friend's handtruck to load them into the house. I will have to tell you sometime about ALL of our great neighbors. But these heavy things were so deep I almost couldn't tip the handtruck back with my arms, I had to reach over the top of the cabinet to the front and use my chin on the curvy part of the handtruck to lift it all back, I seriously did not know if it was going to yank back and do an awful thing to my head (all while T is watching and loving the crashing noise whenever the thing would come down again!). So, these monstrous things are greatly helping with our serious paper problems. I have a lot to do before Sunday a.m.! That's when I leave for my work Conference in Milwaukee, WI. SO EXCITED! I know I am going to be spazzed out after this! And a day off to myself in Milwaukee, time to go thrifting! Oh, getting a little excited there, here's the list of things to accomplish before Sunday (if I am Superwoman):




  • create complete peace and order in the sparkling clean house with a delicious home-cooked meal each night.
  • order the office so the desk surface only has my current projects on it instead of past stuff trinkets and tear outs of my country living image of 'what camping really looks like' (in my dreams, that is).
  • clean and press my entire wardrobe.
  • buff, wax, polish and tan my body.
  • prepare tonight's show well before I have to load and go, and have dinner ready
  • fix the haircolor so the Cruella look isn't Crue-yella.
  • lose ten pounds.
  • find the right blouse dress and shoes, plus some capri's, all for 2.00 each! plus tax .
  • sew my Calvin Klein bias-cut pattern in my blue washed silk-yummy for the formal awards event.
  • prepare a scrumptious and impressive dessert for our friend's house on Saturday.

I am usually just sort of looking for something, trying to get throught the moment as in the shot above. On a road trip, last summer. R is starting to get into the vacation mode and snapping photos and I all of a sudden just don't feel like having fun that way because someone needs a book, someone needs a drink, and someone else is shouting for something and I probably haven't gone pee-pee in a long time! with my lifestyle in mind (the raising kids lifestyle), I will probably have these things completed before I go:



  • prepare for today's trip an hour before I go

  • packed wrinked clothes for trip (iron when I get there).

  • grab my cutest dress and shoes for the formal event.

  • polish my nails and do a biore strip or two.

  • find a white blouse at Target.

  • fix dinner for tonight before I go.

  • spend 30 minutes a day on the gazelle and avoid being a 'dairy cow'-no grazing or eating at night.

  • put away most of the house.

  • work two hours in the office and leave it at that.

  • buy a nice dessert at the store for our friends.

That sounds ambitious enough for me! No knitting right now, I am reading my money and leadership books, plus I plan on bringing the Canturbury Tales (summer reading) with me on the trip. It will be entertaining when I am awake, and a sleep aid when I am tired! Last Saturday at a little guy's Bday party, there was an Astrowizard!! And we were talking about Chaucer who was incidentally, a wizard! I think I will also bring Mutant Message Down Under or Autobiography of a Yogi with me for some growth reading. Just trying to take the time to not be stressed out. I am so glad school is out! There are just so many stops and starts on school days and the blocks of time pass by so quickly. I know it is going to be a great summer. Just relaxing, doing our swimming, Taekwono, Judo and a little camping! A lot of shows for me but my work is fun and should lead to good things. I won't give you any details about my work here, just my website-www.liasophia.com/cherylfarmer, I needed this outlet to help balance my creative life because I need to remember me and make time for me because I do not have to be work obsessed, the reason I started doing what I do is to have it all, and I am definitely on the right path. I will quote one of my leaders who reminds me that I do not have to obsess, "There are no JEWELRY EMERGENCIES."

No comments: