About Me

My photo
Wife and mother who has occasional fits of creativity!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Part 2

I have a morbid fear of losing posts, so I gave the first one a test run and I am ready to continue. I also don't quite get the links function, not only is it not highlighting the links to click to, I cannot give them a new title. I will be so much more fun and informative if I can figure this out. Anyway, want to see some sewing?
First there was a pillowcase I sewed for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge at the Houston Quilt Show. I got to choose my fabric combination,
cut and sew right there on their fabulous Bernina sergers:
Then I got to hang my pillowcase with the others at the show and they all went to the Houston Children's Charity:
What a great project and everyone was having a blast...truly a great interactive time at the quilt show! I saw some other awesome things there
White glove-handled Best in Show Winners, I believe this one was in the Best Machine Quilting Category...seriously, this was stupendous. I can't believe someone was so careful and so detailed with their quilting.
Beautiful Quilts embellished with Swarovski crystals. Shiny objects, oooh oooh!
A fantastic Volkswagen Bug Quilt! That's for me! I saw some great wearable art, test drove some Kai shears, saw all of my favorite quilting fabric companies, and took home some french silk pins and tweezers for ripped up seams...I love them and I don't know how I did without them for all of these years. This all happened months and months ago but it really was fun and I had a great time taking all the pictures.

No comments: