About Me

My photo
Wife and mother who has occasional fits of creativity!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Visual On the Inside, Not Outside

I had a thought, but I forgot it. Oh, it will come to me in just a sec. I managed to tip over a box AND mess up a fingernail all in a seconds' time. Oh YES! I remembered! Wow, that was quick. Are you dying yet? OK, it is time to finish my QUILT! Yes, that one! My 7 year old just got fabric glue in a handprint shape on my cheapy IKEA bedspread on the guest bed, so I decided it is finally time to get rid of it. I don't want to go and BUY a bedspread, I looked before but I was not in love with anything at Target at all. So I got the idea to cute that bed up with the quilt. It is my Dresden plate vine-trimmed one, and I started it when we were first married and I was on an oil tanker with Rob heading up the West Coast from Long Beach to Portland. I actually pieced all of the plates by hand and have been sitting on it ever since. I was kind of struggling with my skills and I decided I was tired of doing things inaccurately, and I did not have the patience at the time to read up and figure out what the right way was, so I put it aside. I picked it up again about 4 years ago for long enough to figure out how to make perfectly round circles with freezer paper, thanks to a book and my MIL Lorie, who is extremely proficient in quilting. I was also having some seam allowance problems that threatened to derail the entire project. So my motivation is to get the house in order quickly so that I can reward myself with some supreme crafty time. Pictures are just a bit too ambitious for me today but I will get back to you to let you know if this actually going to get off the ground soon.

No comments: